Nanette Tangkeko, M.A., LMFT
Nanette Tangkeko believes the pathway to healing is to systematically build a collaborative relationship with person-centered approaches and expand perspectives to include realistic views of overall well-being. Research shows that reducing stressors lead to physiological changes and improved resiliency factors creating ease, comfort and joy into daily living while integrating how life presents itself.
DIR/Floortime® has become an essential methodology to the work with special needs children. Ms. Tangkeko has advanced standing in DIR/Floortime® through the Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning (ICDL) since 1998. She has had the privilege to work directly with Dr. Greenspan & Dr. Weider, the co-founders of DIR/Floortime®, along with a collaborative developmental team of professionals including pediatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists, speech pathologists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and families.
Ms. Tangkeko has provided developmental and psychotherapeutic services to individuals from infancy to young adulthood and their families with special interest in the following areas:
- Youth and Adolescent Therapeutic Support Groups
- Parent Education and Support Groups
- Sibling Support
- Family Caregiving Support
- Psycho-educational Groups
- Social Development Life Skills Coaching
- Developmental Play Groups
- Alcohol and Other Drugs with Transitional-age Youth
- Mental Health Awareness and Prevention
- Anger Management
- Depression & Anxiety
- Disability and Chronic Illness Management
- Multicultural context and acculturation processes
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Facilitated Communication, American Sign Language, & Picture/Visual Communication Exchange System and Augmentative System
Ms. Tangkeko completed training in Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Trauma Therapy Parts I and II. She is also eligible to provide mentoring in DIR/Floortime® and clinical supervision in Marriage and Family Therapy. Ms. Tangkeko considers the therapeutic relationship an honor and privilege to work collaboratively with empowering people to move towards healing and joy.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist #99061