Greenhouse Therapy Center has proven success at providing effective 1:1 aides to students and through and training teachers and special education aides for Pasadena Unified, San Marino Unified, Bonita Unified, and Glendale Unified School Districts through individual contracts for California Department of Education services called “BII”, “BID”, “Counseling”, and/or “Consultation”.
We use a developmental approach to student support and staff training in order to provide for the student’s unique support needs as informed by the DIR/Floortime approach, blended developmental-behavioral models, the Neurorelational Framework, poly-vagal theory, trauma-informed approaches, attachment research, and developmental psychology.
- Our evidence-based approach is grounded in child development and neurodevelopmental research and DIR/Floortime theory.
- The aide develops with the student a secure attachment relationship to support the student’s growth in meeting behavioral goals as well as social-emotional and cognitive developmental goals.
- Security and trust are built through sensitive attunement to the student’s sensory and emotional needs in the moment.
- The secure base relationship allows students to learn to incorporate reliable co-regulating experiences with the trusted adult and thereby develop more resilient and robust self-regulation strategies for greater independence.
- Regulation of the autonomic nervous system is established first in any setting or time frame so that the student is ready and able to take in school environment cues, behavioral cues, social cues, and educational content.
- Students learn to self-advocate to help meet their regulation needs so they may be more available for interaction and learning.
- School staff teams learn helpful strategies for meeting a student’s particular individual profile of specific needs through ongoing consultation.
Please email [email protected] to set up a 1:1 school support aide.